Translation agency “TERRA LINGUA” offers a full range of services on legalization of documents. We cooperate with notary and legal offices, which considerably simplifies and speeds up provision of this service
Legalization of documents
Legalization of documents – is the fulfilment of a number of formal procedures in order to make document valid on the territory of another country. Legalization is carried out in the country where the document was issued, that is, only Ukrainian documents can be legalized in Ukraine.
- “Apostille” stamping (simplified form)
- Full consular legalization with putting required stamps in the appropriate instances.
Choice of form of legalization depends on legal agreements in force between Ukraine and a specific country. Thus, for countries participating in the Hague Convention existence of “Apostille” stamp is sufficient, for others – full consular legalization of documents is required.
There is no need for legalization of documents for use in countries – participants of the Minsk Convention (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan). For these countries, notarized translation of the document is sufficient.
Peculiarities of consular legalization:
- In order to submit documents for legalization on behalf of a customer it is necessary to draw up a power of attorney by a notary in the name of one of employees of translation agency. If the owner of the document is in another country, the power of attorney can be issued directly in the Ukrainian consulate in that country.
- For diplomas, legalization seal can only be affixed on notarized copies of documents. The main requirement – to provide an archival certificate from the educational institution.
- If legalization is stamped on the documents issued by Civil Registry Office, it is necessary to provide a new pattern of such documents.
- Legalization of documents of legal entities requires provision of a power of attorney and a cover letter from a company on a letterhead with a stamp and a signature of a director.
- Consular Department does not affix legalization seal on the documents drawn up in foreign countries. Documents of this type can be legalized in the Consulate of Ukraine, which is located in the country of issuance.
If you need to legalize documents – contact us, we will gladly do it for you!