If you need to apostille or legalize documents, translation agency “TERRA LINGUA” offers efficient provision of these services.
Apostille – a special stamp, the presence of which gives the document a legal status on the territory of countries – participants of the Hague Convention. If a country has not signed the Hague Convention, it is necessary to go through the full procedure of consular legalization of the document.
You can put Apostille in the country where the document was issued, which means that the competent authorities of Ukraine put Apostille only on Ukrainian documents.
According to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated January 18, 2003 № 61 the authority to affix Apostille have:
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, http://www.minjust.gov.ua
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, http://www.mfa.gov.ua
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, http://www.mon.gov.ua
Documents subject to apostillization
- Education documents (diplomas, certificates, archive certificates, syllabuses).
- Documents issued by Civil Registry Offices (certificates, references).
- Notary documents (statements, powers of attorney, affidavits and other).
- Certificates (of no criminal record, residence registration, medical clearance).
- Legal documents (registration certificates, powers of attorney, charters and other).
There are cases in which, while processing documents for certain countries, you need to affix a double Apostille. That is, the first Apostille shall be affixed on the original or a notarized copy of the document, then you need to have notarized translation, and then the second Apostille shall be affixed on notarized translation.
Countries requiring a double Apostille: Belgium, the United Kingdom, Denmark, India, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the USA, France, Switzerland, Sweden.
If you are interested in more information on this type of service, call us and we will answer all your questions!